The Assistant Designer supports the Designer(s) and Senior Designer in the seasonal design development process, from concept to delivery, by contributing original, trend-appropriate design concepts that meet market needs and drive sales and ensuring the timely execution of each stage in the process.
Strategy & Innovation
* Work with Designer(s) and Senior Designer and Design Director for preliminary design research, develop concepts, assemble presentation boards for meetings, prepare mock-ups, color-ups, inspirational photos.? Work on development of initial seasonal design category in context of larger assortment.Operations & Results
* Design according to style plans, sales needs, and emerging trends; ensure timely execution of product development calendar.? Create Illustrator designs; prepare specification sheets and line sheets and update as necessary.? Ensure accuracy of product development logs, line sheets, boards, and design archives library; ensure maintenance of designs in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system or shared drives.? Create original artwork for an assortment of brands, sizes, and categories in the hosiery area.
Customers & Relationships
* Follow-up with internal and external customers and partners, including technical design and production; facilitate interoffice communication? Build collaborative relationships with vendors and internal customersLeadership & Teams
* Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary
Skills and Requirements
* Bachelor's Degree in Fashion Design.
* 1-2 years of experience in apparel/knitwear/hoisery design.
* Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills; team oriented.
* Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; highly detail oriented, meticulous and creative.
* Knowledge of, color ways, trends, ability to create original art.
* Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe products, CAD and Mac computers.
Centric Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Associated topics: design, designer, esthetic, esthetician, fashion, fashion design, stylist