CBS Corporation (NYSE: CBS.A and CBS) is a mass media company that creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The Company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading edge of media. CBS owns the most-watched television network in the U.S. and one of the world's largest libraries of entertainment content, making its brand ? \"the Eye\" ? one of the most recognized in business. The Company's operations span virtually every field of media and entertainment, including cable, publishing, local TV, film and interactive. CBS' businesses include CBS Television Network, The CW (a joint venture between CBS Corporation and Warner Bros. Entertainment), Network 10 Australia, CBS Television Studios, CBS Global Distribution Group, CBS Consumer Products, CBS Home Entertainment, CBS Interactive, CBS Sports Network, CBS Films, Showtime Networks, Pop, Smithsonian Networks, Simon & Schuster, CBS Television Stations and CBS Experiences.
CBS Corporation seeks an Instructional Designer to join the Learning & Development team. This is an exciting opportunity to design, develop, and deliver instructionally sound e-Learning modules, instructor-led courses, user guides, job aids, and other training resources for internal clients on a variety of topics across the company (both Corporate functions as well as Division Subject Matter Experts).
* Designs, develops, and implements training solutions that drive performance consistent with internal standards and best practices.
* Creates new content and also maintain, update, and improve existing content.
* Utilizes instructional design and performance improvement processes to analyze, design, develop, implement and evaluate instructional materials and programs.
* Designs and develops internally branded course curriculum guides for courses and/or program components.
* Builds templates and coaching tools that support existing and new learning resources.
* Recommends and integrates performance improvement strategies.
* Works closely with the legal and compliance team and outside vendors to identify, develop, and custom-design compliance courses including short-takes, long-form e-learning modules, communications campaigns, etc.
* Partners with our HR and IS&T team to design learning tools and guides in support of new software roll-outs.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree and 3 or more years in instructional design/development or a degree in instructional design required.
* Ability to learn and effectively use e-Learning and editing software.
* Proficient in software and programs such as Articulate, Captivate, Camtasia, Adobe Creative Suite, Share Point, and HTML a plus.
* Ability to apply adult learning principles to instructional design and development methodologies.
* Ability and desire to learn multiple systems and processes quickly.
* Ability to build and manage multiple partnerships and relationships at all levels of the organization.
* Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are needed to communicate with partners and learners.
* Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to function in a fast-paced environment, under time pressure.
* Skillful with editing videos, graphics, and images to create compelling and engaging learning resources.