Indianapolis, IN area
The Payroll Director will provide strategic and operational leadership and serve as a strategic human resources partner responsible for the design, implementation, administration, and communication of Company s payroll program.
The Director will be responsible for the administration of In-House payroll for multiple states and will be a key contributor to improving payroll strategies. This role will ensure compliance and accuracy with regard to Company s payroll and benefits plans while looking for continuous process improvements to ensure efficiency.
This Payroll Director position is a fast paced job providing great job variety. Candidates with larger payroll processing experience with multiple locations is necessary, having strong leadership skills, attention to details, time management and deadline driven
The ability to improve processes and solve complex problem are all skills needed for this position.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Management of In-House multi-site / state payrolls
- Handle and resolve management inquiries
- Analyze payroll information for accuracy and compliance
- Evaluate reporting systems and HRIS processes
- Supervision of payroll team
- Streamline, improve processes and increase efficiency
- Hands on and be able to get into the details
- Project Management
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or equivalent experience
- 5+years of progressively responsible In-House payroll experience in leadership roles
- Multi state / location / branch In-House payroll responsibilities
- Experience with leave of absence paperwork including leaves for FMLA, CFRA, PDL or other medical or personal leaves of absence
- Involvement with Payroll / Tax audits in local countries when needed
- Review and update employee handbook and policies to ensure they are consistent, up to date and published regularly
- Experience with HRIS systems
- Vendor management experience
- Management of on-site and remote staff
- Strong leadership qualities
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong Project Management skills and ability to solve problems
- Exceptional time management, communication, decision making, organization, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills, strong mathematical and statistical skills, strong written communication skills, and presentation, negotiation and facilitation skills
- Strong and proficient in Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Please submit your resume for this Payroll Director position.
Associated topics: chief human resource officer, director, guide, guidance, leader, leadership, manager, monitor, president, vice president