As the country's oldest clothing retailer, Brooks Brothers is proud to uphold the same traditions and values for nearly two centuries. We believe these are the reasons why our customers consider us to be far more than a store. Brooks Brothers has been an American icon since 1818. In 1915 our present ten-story flagship store opened at 346 Madison Avenue near New York's most prominent social organizations, including the Harvard and Yale Clubs and the New York Yacht Club. Almost 100 years later we continue to dress ladies and gentleman of all generations and cultivate long term relationships with our loyal clients. Our stores represent our respect for our heritage and vision to be the premiere lifestyle destination. We continually strive to make this a great place to work with a strong emphasis on career development and associate satisfaction. We are consistently devoted to championing both our people and the Brooks Brothers Brand.
The diversity of our operations has recently created an opportunity for an Outerwear Designer located at our Madison Ave. offices. The candidate will design innovative, functional and quality Men's Outerwear for multiple divisions that represent the Brooks Brothers standards in aesthetic, heritage while distinguishing from outwear competitors. The successful candidate will have design experience and understand fabrication technology and garment performance.
* Work with senior design team to create product that fits the design brief and is brand appropriate for multiple divisions
* Create presentation boards and research boards for meetings with senior design and Brand Management team
* Participate in design meetings and efficiently manage updates and all follow up
* Adobe Photoshop / Illustrator proficient to sketch design ideas to present to senior design and Merchandising
* Be proactive in finding new inspiration and market research in color, fabric and style trend
* Design to cost based on Product Map needs
* Work with Fabric/trim teams to developments new and innovative fabrics, trim and labels
* Complete Design packages in PLM and work closely with technical design and product development team through sample development phase and all follow up in the fit process
* Work with manager to adhere to corporate calendar timing
Skills & Requirements:
* Must have a degree in Fashion Design or a related subject
* Minimum of 3-5 years industry experience in Outerwear Design for Men and Women
* Must be fluent in Italian or Spanish and have the ability to travel overseas as necessary
* Knowledge and interest in the function and innovation of Outerwear and market is essential
* Experienced with Illustrator, Photoshop, and PLM
* Knowledge of performance and technical pattern making, garment construction, fit and execution
* Ability to select and develop fabrics and trims applicable to the target retail price of garment
* Ability to collaborate and cross function with Product Development, Merchandising and Brand Management
* Able to work well with others to build a solid, positive work environment and be extremely organized
* Be able to communicate with design team and fabric and trim R and D teams to create product to support the seasonal concept of Creative Director
* Passionate in finding inspiration, and market trends for profitable performance of outerwear collections at retail
Brooks Brothers is proud to offer our Associates competitive compensation, a fulfilling work environment, unique and special benefits and a wide range of opportunities for personal and professional development.
We invite you to submit your cover letter and resume for immediate consideration.
The Talent Acquisition Team of Brooks Brothers
It is the policy of Brooks Brothers to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or other protected class status.