The Head of Strategic Innovation is responsible for integration of business insights, patient and customer needs, & product technology options to enable effective and efficient decisions on innovative patient-centric product design for all Drug Product Science & Technology (DPST) development programs. The candidate will collaborate with internal colleagues within Global Product Development & Supply (GPS), Business Insights & Analytics (BIA), Commercial and Market Insights groups, and R&D to provide guidance on platform technology and asset-specific drug product development opportunities and priorities, and will be responsible for directing the Strategic Innovation Leads that support the Drug Product Development Teams.
Primary roles and responsibilities include:
- Serve as a core member of the Oncology Product Design & Delivery (PD&D) Team, and partner with Innovative Medicines Development Team Leaders, to identify key strategic opportunities in drug product formulations, delivery, packaging, devices, dosing, adherence & compliance for creating patient-centric innovative products.
- Apply understanding of the company strategy, portfolio needs, and priorities to identify and recommend opportunities for technology development solutions, asset-specific or platform, that provide value across the portfolio.
- Oversee conduct of ethnographic research on primary customer insights to inform technology development options
- Apply principles of design research and knowledge of the external industry, competitor products and the health care landscape to advise development teams and translate insights into quality Target Product Profiles (TPP).
- Partner with members of cross-functional technical teams to identify opportunities and technology solutions around enhanced patient/user experience of BMS products
- Develop innovation roadmap and partner with functional leads and matrix team leaders within DPST to align on innovation investments and priorities across the various drug product development programs.
- Oversee prioritization, organization, budgeting and communication of the drug product innovation pipeline, including creating and sharing metrics to measure progress toward performance goals.
- PhD or equivalent degree in biopharmaceutical sciences or engineering with 14+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or device development industry.
- Proven track record of fostering innovation and working with an entrepreneurial mindset in a highly matrixed environment.
- Understanding of the key principles of strategic innovation and patient-centric design
- Ability to comprehend and conceptualize complex business contexts across global markets
- Demonstrated experience with developing and managing budgets and business metrics
- Demonstrated ability to influence areas not under direct control to achieve objectives and goals.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Demonstrated experience managing, mentoring, and leading people with commitment to talent development.
Associated topics: bioengineer, design, develop, engineer, manufacturing, manufacturing engineer, mechanical, mechanical engineer, process engineer