El Segundo,California,United States6B1EP1The Boeing Company is seeking an experienced, highly skilled, and motivated Antenna/Array Sub-System Engineer for In-Space Vehicles Engineering located in El Segundo, CA.Responsibilities
- Develops and validates requirements for various antenna systems - communication, sensor, electronic warfare and other electromagnetic systems and components.
- Develops and validates electromagnetic requirements for antenna systems - electrical\\electronic systems, mechanical systems, interconnects and structures.
- Develops architectures to integrate systems and components into higher level systems and platforms.
- Performs trade studies, modeling, simulation and other forms of analysis to predict component, interconnects and system performance and to optimize design around established requirements.
- Defines and conducts tests to validate performance of designs to requirements.
- Manages appropriate aspects of supplier and partner performance to ensure compliance to requirements.
- Provides support to products throughout their lifecycle by developing root-cause analysis of anomalies and other engineering support as requested.
- Supports project management by providing work statement, budget, schedule and other required inputs and by reporting project status.
- Writes appropriate sections of proposals to support development of new business.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense, space and security systems. As America s biggest manufacturing exporter, the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft, satellites, weapons, electronic and defense systems, launch systems, advanced information and communication systems, and performance-based logistics and training. With corporate offices in Chicago, Boeing employs approximately 145,000 people across the United States and in more than 65 countries. As part of Space & Missile Systems, In-Space Vehicles Engineering, based in Los Angeles, CA, manages the company's major commercial and government satellite and ground programs for communications, national defense and other missions.This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. Required Qualifications
- Antenna/payload RF (radio frequency) experience
- Education/training or work experience with Antenna/payload design and characteristics
- Experience with HFFS, DOORS, BORIS, MATLAB, CREO, CREO VIEW, WINDCHILL, TEAMCENTER ENTERPRISE, and/or Gated Design Process
- Active SSBI clearance
- Experience in the design or development of payload and/or phased array antennas
- Hands-on hardware (lab environment) experience with Antenna design or testing
- Experience in phased array antenna production and verification
Typical Education and/or Experience
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
Basic Relocation Benefit Package
Yes, 10 % of the TimeSpace and LaunchIndividual ContributorNoNoStandardUnited States; The Boeing Company
Associated topics: 5g, antenna, asic, avaya, cable technician, electrical engineer, frequency, lan, network engineer, osp