Senior Director, Customer Analytics: Bloomingdales, New York, NY
21 Warren St
Loading some great jobs for you...
Take the helm of one of the world's most iconic brands, and bring it to life for customers around the globe. As part of Bloomingdale's marketing team, you'll own, guide, and create a marketing experience like no other. You'll innovate, drive customer engagement and own the Bloomingdale's brand. As part of our creative team, you'll bring our iconic brand to life. From copywriting to graphic design - Bloomingdale's is your destination for amazing opportunities.
The Customer Analytics team will provide the foundational data and analytical capabilities to facilitate informed decision making within the marketing group to maximize the omni-channel customer value, sales and profitability. This role will play a critical effort in shaping and executing the growth agenda through leveraging subject matter expertise in Information Management, Analytics and Data Strategy. The Senior Director of Customer Analytics will be tasked with building out and owning the roadmap that will help us better understand and drive growth for the business. Performed other duties as assigned.
* Develop, evaluate, and deploy analytical tools and data science techniques to analyze large data sets and develop custom models/algorithms to uncover trends, patterns and insights in the data. * Design, architect, implement, and support key datasets from a variety of providers that provide structured and timely access to actionable business information. * Assess and understand all key structured and unstructured data sources across the enterprise. * Proven experience in data strategy and enterprise data governance * Helps establish internal mindset and capability to instill a data-driven decision-making culture. * Key stakeholder in driving new thinking around initiatives in analytics and data strategy. * Constantly monitor data science trends, emerging tools and technologies and supports strategic leadership in developing common, best and continually improving frameworks, processes and best practices for predictive science * Provides support for analytics work across the organization, ensuring it is in alignment with the defined analytics agenda. * Provide thought leadership to business partners and team to evolve the development and reporting of KPIs to measure marketing effectiveness (i.e., channel sales attribution, customer segmentation, omni-channel propensity, etc.) * Oversee day-to-day business application support, enabling the business function with systems and data that support marketing and analytic needs; perform data quality and data analysis to ensure integrity of database * Represent Bloomingdale's interests and requirements with the MST and Macy's marketing teams * Lead team to deliver best of breed reporting solutions and data visualization capabilities based on business partner requirements and to ensure adoption throughout the marketing organization * Guide and deliver omni-channel analytics and experimentation capabilities; educate cross functional teams on approach and process to execute experiments * Hire, develop talent and manage team engagement for data science, business intelligence, and data engineering teams that support Bloomingdale's marketing department * Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
* BA/BS degree required, Masters preferred in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or related field * 10+ years of combined experience in marketing technology, Enterprise database management, CRM, Data Science and team leadership * Strong experience in analytics tools (R, Python, H2O), BI tools (Power BI, Tableau) * Experience in cloud enterprise platforms (Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
* Demonstrated ability to align cross team resources in systems development and implementation * Strong ability to present to groups and to socialize new concepts * Strong communication skills with the ability to summarize complex findings clearly and concisely
* Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
* Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
* This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking. * May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching. * May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time. * Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment. * May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
* Exceptional conceptual and creative thinker * Broad working knowledge of retail, ecommerce, customer segmentation, lifecycle analysis, CRM applications, statistical modeling, data science, and SQL * Must be process-oriented and detail-oriented
* Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Discounted Admission to NYC Cultural Attractions
Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Associated topics: assistant manager, assistant store manager, associate manager, department supervisor, general manager, manage, principal, senior manager, shift supervisor, store manager
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.