Omni Senior Art Director, Ready to Wear: Bloomingdales, New York, NY
21 Warren St
Loading some great jobs for you...
Take the helm of one of the world's most iconic brands, and bring it to life for customers around the globe. As part of Bloomingdale's marketing team, you'll own, guide, and create a marketing experience like no other. You'll innovate, drive customer engagement and own the Bloomingdale's brand. As part of our creative team, you'll bring our iconic brand to life. From copywriting to graphic design - Bloomingdale's is your destination for amazing opportunities.
The Omni Senior Art Director is responsible for overseeing all creative aspects relating to Ready to Wear (RTW) print and digital content and delivering effective, on-brand, and on-strategy creative solutions in collaboration of the larger marketing teams and project planners. The ideal candidate must be highly creative and resourceful with the ability to prioritize and execute multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. Perform other duties as assigned.
* Collaborate closely with Associate Creative Director in conceptualizing and executing creative solution of print and digital marketing initiatives for a particular timeframe from concept ideation to post production - including pulling relevant image and typography references, creating proof of concepts, finalizing seasonal style guides and providing clear in-season art direction. * Maintain and advance brand vision and mission by enforcing brand guidelines across departments, and continuously explore new ways to enhance those guidelines * Work in a detail-oriented fashion by delivering projects according to initial specs and requirements. Ensure consistency across all channels of communication. * Continuously research digital and interactive best practices, including mobile responsive and adaptive technologies. * Manage Design team and operations in close collaboration with the ACD, VP of Photography and Design, and Project Planners. * Manage, mentor, and direct editorial designers, production designers, and freelance designers; providing direction and taking responsibility for finished projects * Attend strategy meetings with creative management to determine scope of projects, and ensure strategic and tactical creative objectives are met. * Collaborate with key cross-functional partners to ensure that concepts meet business needs. * Presents work and displays effective communication to business partners and senior management. * Research competitive landscape across global markets to identify seasonal trends, fashion trends, artistic inspiration and references. * Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
* Bachelor's Degree in Art/Graphic Design or relevant course work.
* Strong creative background. Minimum of 5 years of experience in advertising/graphic design, project management and team leadership.
* Experience in photographic and art direction. Typography and layout skills are essential.
* Relevant portfolio of recent work.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Highly skilled in fostering a collaborative work environment.
* Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
* Ability to manage projects and prioritize next steps with diverse peer and senior teams.
* Develop and execute plans and strategies quickly, capitalizing on momentum and incremental progress.
* Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
* This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting, hearing, and talking.
* May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
* May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
* Involves use of hands and fingers for typing on keyboard and using a mouse.
* May be a need to move or lift items under 20 pounds.
* Hands-on skills in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch, HTML/HTML5.
* Knowledge of Final Cut Pro and after Effects or related software.
* Strong aptitude in anticipating and following production processes and timelines.
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Discounted Admission to NYC Cultural Attractions
Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.