Take the helm of one of the world's most iconic brands, and bring it to life for customers around the globe. As part of Bloomingdale's marketing team, you'll own, guide, and create a marketing experience like no other. You'll innovate, drive customer engagement and own the Bloomingdale's brand. As part of our creative team, you'll bring our iconic brand to life. From copywriting to graphic design - Bloomingdale's is your destination for amazing opportunities.
The Omni Designer will work with Creative Directors and Art Directors on the execution of design concepts for a wide variety of digital and print projects. The successful applicant will have a strong understanding of branding, typography, information architecture and timeless design principles. The ideal candidate must be an organized and creative thinker and have the ability to prioritize and execute multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, as well as perform other duties as assigned.
* Design for digital and print assets (including for desktop, mobile, email and app, direct mail), ensuring brand aesthetic.
* Creation of comprehensive, brand-right layouts and graphics for seasonal and category-driven lookbooks and catalogs.
* Participation in creative meetings and reviews.
* Ensure consistency of brand and creative across digital and print customer touch points.
* Maintain collaborative partnerships with supporting teams (including copy and retouching) to uphold Bloomingdale's elevated brand standards.
* Knowledge of newest design, typography, illustration, fashion, culture and present to team.
* Independently interpret creative briefs and execute assets accordingly
* Pull swipe and assist in constructing creative presentations.
* Ability to meet deadlines and handle a high volume of work, taking ownership and following up on projects through to completion.
* A keen eye for detail and consistency.
* Dependable attendance and punctuality.
* Bachelor's Degree. Graphic Design (or related) degree preferred.
* 2+ years of experience in design related field or equivalent experience.
* Experience in fashion industry a plus.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
* Strong problem-solving skills with focus on developing and recommending solutions quickly and in a calm and clear manner.
* Must be able to work autonomously and remain flexible to changing priorities
* This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
* May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
* May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
* Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
* May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
* Expert of Adobe Creative Suite. Knowledge of motion graphics web platforms a plus
* Digital portfolio that shows strong examples of smart designing thinking, focused on branding, typography, information architecture and timeless design principles within an in-house creative team or studio
* Excellent organization and file management skills
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Discounted Admission to NYC Cultural Attractions
Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
Associated topics: architecture, asic, board, catia, design engineer, engineer i, h/w designer, hardware designer, pcb, rf