The Designer executes the seasonal design development process, from concept to delivery, by creating and executing original, trend-appropriate design concepts that meet market needs and drive sales, and ensuring the timely execution of each stage in the process.
Strategy & Innovation
* Research and identify trend directions; perform competitive analysis; pull and review fabrics, design concepts, presentation boards for meetings, mock-ups, color-ups, and inspirational photos. * Execute development of initial seasonal design category in context of larger assortment and cost structure.
Operations & Results
* Design according to style plans, sales needs and emerging trends; ensure timely execution of product development calendar. * Create Illustrator sketches; review specification sheets and line sheets; ensure accuracy of product development logs, line sheets, boards and design archives library; ensure maintenance of designs in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system or shared drives. * Select and review raw materials and trims; ensure maintenance of fabric/trim library. * Approve lab dips with Senior Designer(s) and ensure consistency with color standards and licensor directives where appropriate; review prints and graphics where appropriate and advise revisions; manage fit process.
Customers & Relationships
* Coordinate follow-up with internal and external customers and partners, including technical design, production and vendors; manager interoffice communication. * Build collaborative relationships with vendors and internal customers.
Leadership & Teams
* Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary. * Attract, develop and retain talent.
Skills and Requirements
* Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills; team oriented. * Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; highly detail oriented, meticulous and creative. * Creativity, technical capability and sensibility for merchandising; ability to sketch. * Extensive knowledge of garment construction, pattern making, silhouettes, color ways, sewing techniques, fabrication and trim; familiarity with print design and manufacturing. * Bachelor's Degree in fashion design. * 4-7 years experience in apparel design. * Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe products, CAD and Mac computers.
GBG USA Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.