The Designer executes the seasonal design development process, from concept to delivery, by creating and executing original, trend-appropriate design concepts that meet market needs and drive sales, and ensuring the timely execution of each stage in the process.
Strategy & Innovation
* Research and identify trend directions; perform competitive analysis; pull and review fabrics, design concepts, presentation boards for meetings, mock-ups, color-ups, and inspirational photos.
* Execute development of initial seasonal design category in context of larger assortment and cost structure.
Operations & Results
* Design according to style plans, sales needs and emerging trends; ensure timely execution of product development calendar.
* Create Illustrator sketches; review specification sheets and line sheets; ensure accuracy of product development logs, line sheets, boards and design archives library; ensure maintenance of designs in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system or shared drives.
* Select and review raw materials and trims; ensure maintenance of fabric/trim library.
* Approve lab dips with Senior Designer(s) and ensure consistency with color standards and licensor directives where appropriate; review prints and graphics where appropriate and advise revisions; manage fit process.
Customers & Relationships
* Coordinate follow-up with internal and external customers and partners, including technical design, production and vendors; manager interoffice communication.
* Build collaborative relationships with vendors and internal customers.
Leadership & Teams
* Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary.
* Attract, develop and retain talent.
Skills and Requirements
* Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills; team oriented.
* Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; highly detail oriented, meticulous and creative.
* Creativity, technical capability and sensibility for merchandising; ability to sketch.
* Extensive knowledge of garment construction, pattern making, silhouettes, color ways, sewing techniques, fabrication and trim; familiarity with print design and manufacturing.
* Bachelor's Degree in fashion design.
* 4-7 years experience in apparel design.
* Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe products, CAD and Mac computers.
GBG USA Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer