The Assistant Designer supports the Design team in the seasonal design development process, from concept to delivery. This position is Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system focused and there is a product development and data entry requirement.
* Assist and take direction from Designers and Senior Designers for preliminary design research; developing / sourcing trims, assembling presentation boards for meetings, and pulling inspirational tear sheets.
* Support Designers in creating Illustrator sketches and CADs; prepare Design Detail pages with sketches and construction & trim details, work in PLM system to prepare Tech Packs and create Bill of Materials and manage all data entry pertaining to each style.
* Prepare line sheets and update as necessary.
* Work with Design Ops to prepare and flow work to Greensboro team. Attention to detail and precision is needed for Line Sheet creation and maintenance.
* Adhere to design schedule to ensure timely execution of product development calendar. Track and check in all design Salesman samples for each season, troubleshoot and problem solve any issues (w manager's supervision) and check all trims and BOM for correct info. Responsible for all PLM and Bill Of Materials design information including fabric, trim, & thread color.
* Assist Designers in set up of JNY Showroom and Prepare Salesman Samples for line review and market week. (Steaming, prepping, dressing mannequins, organizing racks).
* Work closely with Merchandising team to set up all orders received post market.
* Attend fittings and update sketches. Work closely with Designer and Tech Designer to ensure sketches are correct if details change or update in fitting.
* Research and coordinate raw materials and trims for approval; maintain fabric/trim library.
* Follow up with internal partners, to facilitate inter office communication. Develop strong cross-functional relationships with Tech, Production, and Fabric team counterparts. Communicate to overseas factory/ SHO team (with supervision from manager).
Skills and Requirements
* Bachelor's degree in fashion design.
* Recent college graduate to 2 years related experience in apparel design.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe products and Flex PLM.
* Basic knowledge of garment construction, pattern making, silhouettes, sewing techniques, fabrics and trim.
* Team player and a positive attitude with a willingness to cooperate and work collaboratively.
* Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; highly detail oriented, meticulous and creative.