Job Summary and Duties
The position is responsible for assisting the Executive Director of Global Events in developing, implementing and creating global guidelines for Laura Mercier PR initiated influencer launch events and activation sets as well as instore POS events secured in our FSS, Department Stores, Sephora and Travel Retail.
Candidate is expected to have excellent communication and 3D skills as the candidate must feel confident enough to contribute to the entire creative process. Keeping a finger on the pulse of current trends is also key. The candidate will be ready to develop their existing skills by working with senior creative staff on a range of ambitious and innovative projects. Responsible for helping to drive the creative direction, an understanding of typography, layout, animation, art direction and environmental design will be needed to help the team produce the best work possible.
* Identify, process and resolve design problems
* Develop concepts and storyboards
* Select graphic content and assign layout design concepts to artists
* Transform designs into art layouts, working with design team
* Mark-up layouts and prepare for printing
* Present layouts and storyboards for approval
* Continue to develop skill set and learn about current trends, adjusting process and approach
* Determine how best to represent a concept visually
* Determine which photographs, art, or other design elements to use
* Consistency regardless of project size
* Review production process: pricing, fabrication and installation of environmental design elements
* Good organizational skills that support the rest of the team
* The motivation to maintain and improve design standards
* The willingness to listen to feedback and use it to improve
* Supervise freelancers or onsite location partners
* Review and approve designs, artwork, photography, and graphics developed by other staff members
* Coordinate activities with other marketing, PR and creative departments
* Track and manage expenses and make adjustments
* Manage budgets and timelines
* Manage efficiency and quality in production
* Attend all key marketing and retailer development, launch and tracker meetings
Requirements and Qualifications
* Bachelor's Degree in Fine Art required.
* 5 years as a professional graphic designer.
* Fashion, Beauty, luxury industry experience a plus
* Knowledge of the luxury industry and its expectations in both the design and retail sectors
* Dedication to graphic consistency and quality across all channels
* Ability to work overtime when necessary to complete time-sensitive project
* Dedication to graphic consistency, brand standards, and quality across all channels.
* Extensive experience with Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop, Illustrator and 3D rendering Sketchup.
Associated topics: booker, business, direct, director, head, lead, manager, oversee, strategist, supervisor