Brand Overview:ascena retail group, inc. is a leading national specialty retailer offering apparel, shoes, and accessories for women under the Premium Fashion segment (Ann Taylor, LOFT, and Lou & Grey), Value Fashion segment (maurices and dressbarn), Plus Fashion segment (Lane Bryant and Catherines), and for tween girls under the Kids Fashion segment (Justice). ascena retail group, inc. operates ecommerce websites and approximately 4,800 stores throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.
Ready to apply? We currently have an opportunity for a Receptionist - maurices - NY Design Office to join our team located at our Maurices NYC Dsgn Off-maurices-New York, NY 10011.
Provides a strong, positive initial impression of external/internal customers by greeting visitors and directing calls. Provides effective and efficient support to the Design/Trend department through various administrative job functions and office services.
* Represent the company with a positive attitude and image, professionally greeting all employees and visitors into the facility; assisting HR with new hire welcomes and culture.
* Provide telephone exchange service for maurices and its callers.
* Coordinate meeting spaces/video conference rooms both in NY Design office and Duluth, MN Corporate office for team as needed.
* Keep front desk environment clean and tidy.
* Kitchen management: send weekly emails to remind staff to discard unwanted items, unload dishwasher, keep kitchen utensils/supplies stocked.
* Assist associates with general office direction, ordering office supplies, mail room organization and shipping logistics. Understanding the nuances and subsequently the business needs specific to supporting a product development /design team.
* Responsible for receiving, distributing and sending out mail daily. Must be efficient and timely as mail has to be picked up by a certain time daily. Responsible for communicating with Design team to ensure they're aware of the time and are preparing their items to be shipped in a timely manner.
* Responsible for creating Concept Color Cards, distributing Microstrategy reports weekly via email to Design and Project Management teams.
* Assist CAD team with filing swatches and assisting with color comments as directed by CAD Manager.
* Support Office Manager as needed; assist in managing supplies andalert when items are running low.
* Send outgoing messages and directing incoming messages to maurices associates as appropriate.
* Provide support as needed when Merchants visit office for milestone/vendor meetings.
* Schedule appreciation acknowledgements for design/trend office associates monthly. I.E., birthdays/work anniversaries
Work Experience and Education Requirements
* Education: High School Diploma or GED required. College degree preferred ? concentration on Fashion Merchandising or Fine Arts / Design a plus.
* Microsoft PC Experience is required (Outlook, word processing, Excel spreadsheet and some PowerPoint is essential), switchboard or reception experience preferred.
* Ability to handle confidential information.
* Accurate, detail oriented and organized.
* Ability to move between varying tasks efficiently and with a sense of urgency.
Location:Maurices NYC Dsgn Off-maurices-New York, NY 10011Position Type:Regular/Full time
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is committed to hiring and developing the most qualified people at all levels. It is our policy in all personnel actions to ensure that all associates and potential associates are evaluated on the basis of qualifications and ability without regard to sex (including pregnancy), race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability that can reasonably be accommodated without undue hardship, genetic information, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected classification under federal, state, or local law. We do not discriminate in any of our employment policies and practices. All associates are expected to follow these principles in all relationships with other associates, applicants, or others with whom we do business.